Dr. Newman’s clinical training has been with adults, children, and adolescents. He is a clinical, developmental, and educational psychologist. With this broad background, he has a valuable perspective on social-emotional, academic, and relational problems individuals often face.
Dr. Newman’s educational background includes:
- University of Michigan, M.A, Ph.D.
- Boston University, M.Ed.
- Lehigh University, B.A.
In addition to his clinical practice, he has been a university professor and researcher:
- Professor (Emeritus), Educational Psychology, University of California, Riverside
- Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Human Development and Education, Berlin, Germany
- Professor, Developmental Psychology, SUNY Stony Brook, New York
His published research and numerous presentations and workshops cover topics such as:
- Coping with stress
- Why individuals are reluctant to seek help with their problems
- Student achievement motivation and learning problems